The GBTQ Asian Pacific Islander (API) community in the Washington metropolitan area sustains AQUA. Since 1997, members and supporters have built a solid foundation for the social and political empowerment of the GBTQ API community here in Washington D.C.
AQUA MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
Membership is open to those that identify as gay, bisexual, queer and questioning Asian Pacific Islander male-identified individuals and transgender/genderqueer people.
Become an engaged and informed member of the queer API community in DC by becoming an AQUA Member and make a positive impact on the lives of queer API people in the Washington metropolitan area.
As a member, you can:
- Elect AQUA’s Board Members every year,
- Influence the direction of the organization, including important structural, programming and mission changes, and
- Leverage AQUA resources to launch mission-relevant programs, initiatives or events.
Members also receive:
- Special discounts to AQUA programs and events.
- Regular communication about developments in the community and the direction of the organization, through our quarterly members’ meeting or members’ retreat.
- Consideration to travel on behalf of AQUA to regional and national conferences, such as the Q-ASPIRE retreat, National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA) National Summit and the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force Creating Change conference.
Your membership and support are essential to continue this work.